2018-2019 Tuition and Class Information
- Class placements are at the sole discretion of the director and teachers.
- We strive to place students in classes based not only on age but on proper technique level, behavioral and other factors. The number of years a student has been dancing does not necessarily reflect class placement.
- Dance shoes may be purchased at Bailey’s Slipper Shop on Main St. in Williamsville. Please tell them you are from Amazin Grace and which classes you’re registered for. Do NOT wear shoes until your teacher has approved them in case they need to be exchanged.
- Hair MUST be secured away from the face in a ponytail or bun for all classes. Please secure flyways and bangs that fall into eyes with barrettes, bobby pins, or a secure headband.
- Dance bags are recommended for all students to store shoes, a water bottle, extra hair ties, deodorant, bobby pins, a notebook, etc.
- Students should arrive on-time and prepared for each class — in proper attire with hair done.
- If a student is to be absent or late, please call the studio to let us know ahead of time.
- The use of cell phones or other electronic devices is not permitted during class time.
- Students under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult to and from the studio at all times. We do not endorse students leaving Amazin Grace without parental supervision.
- Students are expected to fully participate in all classes for the entire duration. Disruptive students will be given a verbal warning; if disruption continues they may be asked to sit out or leave the dance room. There is zero tolerance for bullying; students who participate in bullying will be asked to leave the dance room and parents will be notified. Student(s) may be suspended for continued bullying.
- Proper attire is required for EVERY class. This includes clothing, hair, and shoes. If student is not in proper dress code: 1st offense—verbal warning, 2nd offense—student will be asked to sit out & will be sent home with written violation; 3rd offense—parent/guardian will be notified. Dance is like any other sport and attire is important for safety, visual effect, and tradition.
- Please contact the studio if your child is to be absent or late to class. Absences/tardiness affects the entire flow of the class and may affect placement in the class and recital. Tardiness can be a safety issue if warm-up is missed, so a tardy student may be asked to warm-up on their own once they arrive. It is the student’s responsibility to learn any missed material by attending a make-up class, meeting up with a classmate, getting notes, talking to teacher, etc.
- If a teacher is to be absent, we will try to have a substitute. If, on the rare occasion, that a substitute cannot be found, classes will be rescheduled.
- Classes canceled due to inclement weather or illness may be made up at a later time. Make-up classes will be available at Mrs Kraft’s discretion. Tuition will NOT be adjusted and refunds are NOT given for missed lessons or if a student quits during the month.
- Tuition payments are due by the 7th of each month (Sept. through May), except the June payment, which is due on the 1st of the month. A $20.00 late fee will be added for payments made past the due date. Students may not be allowed to participate in class until payments are made.
- There is a $35 service charge on all ASF checks. After 2 returned checks, all payments must be made in cash or online.
- The Recital Fee, $40 per dancer ($10 per additional sibling), will be broken up into 8 payments added to the family’s monthly tuition from October – May.
- There will be a $100.00 early withdrawal fee for any student who doesn’t finish the entire dance year.
- All students perform in our annual recital in June –date TBA- (unless it’s a non-performing class). Students will NOT be allowed to perform in the rehearsal/recital if ALL payments are not made in full before June 3rd. Students perform on a stage and wear costumes chosen by Mrs Kraft. Please see tuition information for costume fees.
- All costumes payments are due by November 1, 2018.
- Any costume alterations are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Amazin Grace is NOT responsible for any alterations.
- Students 8 years and older are required to wear a nude leotard to be worn under costumes at the recital if they have any costume changes.
- Shoe requirements must be followed for each class. These may be purchased through Bailey’s Slipper Shop. DO NOT wear purchased dance shoes until approved by the class teacher! Shoes cannot be returned once worn and we are not responsible.
- Attendance of any and all “Recital Rehearsals” are mandatory in order for students to participate in the dance Recital.
- Cell phones are to be silenced and put away once a student enters the dance room. If there’s an emergency where a student absolutely needs to leave their phone on, they MUST speak to their teacher at the beginning of class. Students may be asked to leave if they do not comply.
- The studio waiting area is designated for students to do homework, eat, rest etc. in between classes. Parents, please be courteous of students and keep conversations quiet. Small children are not to be left unattended. Disruptive or noisy children may be asked to leave.
- A monthly newsletter is generally available; these are loaded with important info and upcoming events. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to get the newsletter from the studio or if posted on the website, www.amazingracedance.com.
- A professional photographer and videographer are used for picture day and the recital. No other photography or videos are allowed during these functions.
- Mrs Kraft reserves the right to limit students to certain classes if we feel safety may be compromised for any reason.
- Due to the nature of dance as an art form, there may be times when a teacher may need to physically assist a student with a dance movement or technique.
Please make sure you have read ALL of the policies carefully and are in full agreement.
Any policy may be changed at Amazin Grace’s discretion at any time.
Parents/guardians will be notified of any changes by a posting inside the studio.