COME DANCE WITH US!
Join us for Open House and Register for Fall Classes!
Open House is a great opportunity for new students and their families to meet our staff, tour our facilities, and sign up for fall classes! Returning students are also encouraged to come in to register for fall classes. So, come on in! We can’t wait to see you!
Fall 2017 Open House & Registration Dates/Times:
Wednesday, August 9th—12:00-3:00pm & 6:00-8:00pm
Thursday, August 10th—12:00-3:00pm & 6:00-8:00pm
Friday, August 11th—12:00-3:00pm & 6:00-8:00pm
Saturday, August 12th—10:00am -1:00pm
Saturday, September 9th—10:00am -1:00pm
Please direct any questions to Miss Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
AGDS Competition Team Auditions
When: Saturday, July 15th 2017 – 10:00am to 1:30pm
Where: Amazin Grace Dance Studio (6103 Robinson Road Lockport, NY)
For the 2017-2018 season, the AGDS Competition Team will be split up into 3 teams: “Nova Mini’s,” “Sparkle,” and “Shine.”
Students who are 6-8 years old may sign up for the following team (NEW! No audition required!):
- Nova Mini’s: This beginner level team is designed for 6-8 year olds who would like to begin their journey as competition dancers. Our Nova Mini’s will learn a solid foundation in tap, jazz, and ballet which will act as a springboard for their future in competitive dance. Our Nova Mini’s will have 2.5 hours of class 1 day a week in which they will learn tap, jazz, and ballet technique and prepare a tap and jazz dance to perform at 1-2 competitions throughout the dance season. Our Nova Mini’s will also learn skills that are beneficial in many facets of life, including respect for fellow teammates, encouraging others, displaying professionalism, taking and applying constructive criticism, and the balance of “work” and “fun”!
Students are not required to audition for the Nova Mini’s team, but there are behavioral guidelines that students must be able and willing to follow in order to participate. Please read the Team Handbook for more information.
Students who are 9 and up must audition for the following teams:
- Sparkle: Our intermediate level team, in which students will be challenged to build on their technical foundation as they learn new dance steps, more in-depth technical skills, and a greater dance vocabulary. Our Sparkle team will take 1 hour of technique and 1 hour of choreography classes each week in each style of dance: tap, jazz, ballet, and modern. Sparkle will also have ½ hour of acro class and ½ hour of conditioning each week. Sparkle will compete one dance routine in each: tap, jazz, and ballet and will attend 2-3 competitions per season. They will also learn a modern dance, which will be performed in the June recital.
- Shine: Our advanced level team, in which students will fine-tune their technical skills and build on their existing knowledge of dance steps, while being challenged with more difficult steps and choreography. Shine will take 1 hour of technique and 1 hour of choreography classes each week in each style of dance: tap, jazz, ballet, and modern. Shine will also have ½ hour of acro class and ½ hour of conditioning each week. Shine will compete one dance routine in each: tap, jazz, ballet, and modern. Shine will attend 2-3 competitions per season.
Why should I audition?
If you love dance and thrive on hard work and accomplishment, you should audition for the AGDS Competition Team! Becoming a member of the competition team allows students to strive to meet many goals throughout the dance year while enhancing and expanding dance technique, as well as the aesthetic and performance qualities of dance. Members of the AGDS Competition Team will experience achievement both individually and as a team, which helps to build character and allows students to make relationships with the coaches and other team members that are positive and rewarding.
- Students must participate on July 15th for the full duration of the audition in order to be considered for the 2017-2018 Competition Team.
- Nobody will be allowed to view the auditions (including parents, other family members, friends, other dancers, etc.)
- The studio will open at 9:30am. Please arrive early to stretch, warm-up your body, and fill out paperwork.
- Closing and pick-up is scheduled for 1:30pm. Results will be posted on the door of the studio by or before Sunday, July 16th. Results will also be posted on the “Amazin Grace Dance Studio” Facebook page. (If a make-up audition date is scheduled, results will be posted after the make-up audition.)
Who can audition?
Any mature 9–18 years olds (may not turn 19 before May 2017). We encourage students to audition regardless of what they feel their abilities and strengths are; let us be the judges! No prior experience is necessary (This does not mean that all students who audition will make the team, but you won’t know unless you try!)
What should I wear?
Girls must wear a black leotard with tan tights. Ballet skirts or plain black dance shorts are optional. (Sports bra, if needed, should be neutral colored or black). Hair should be worn completely off the face in a tight bun. We will not allot time for students to fix their hair, headbands, etc. since we will have a lot of material to get through so please come well prepared. (Returning team members may wear their team leotard from the previous season if they prefer.)
Boys must wear a white t-shirt and black athletic shorts or sweatpants.
**Please come prepared to dance in tap, jazz, and ballet shoes. Students should also be prepared to dance barefoot. (If you do not own any of the shoes you may bring whatever shoes you have or go barefoot.) **
What styles will be auditioned?
All students will audition ballet, tap, and jazz technique. Short choreography phrases will be learned at auditions, as well.
For more information about auditions and the AGDS Competition Team guidelines and expectations, please download the Team Handbook.
Please direct any questions to Miss Emily at email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO PRINT A REGISTRATION FORM – Please fill out and mail in your registration form and a check made out to Amazin Grace Dance Studio by July 6th.
Please mail to: Amazin Grace Dance Studio
Attn: Emily Darnell
6103 Robinson Rd.
Lockport, NY 14094
WHAT TO WEAR:
Students may wear comfortable clothes they can move freely in or their regular dance class attire. For contemporary, please no tights. Please wear hair up and pulled back, away from the face.
Tumble & Twirl – Please be prepared to dance barefoot, and please also bring jazz/ballet shoes. If you do not yet have jazz/ballet shoes, we have some gently used shoes that your child can borrow for class (we will try our best to find a good fit!). Please come in early for your child’s class if they need to borrow shoes so we can find them a pair before their class begins.
Rising Star Combo – Please bring tap, jazz, and ballet shoes. If you do not yet have tap/jazz/ballet shoes, we have some gently used shoes that your child can borrow for class (we will try our best to find a good fit!). Please come in early for your child’s class if they need to borrow shoes so we can find them a pair before their class begins.
Broadway Jazz – Please bring jazz/ballet shoes or be prepared to dance barefoot. Contemporary Intensive – Please be prepared to dance barefoot and wear clothing that allows you to move freely.
Contemporary dance involves floor-work and inversions (upside down movements) so please dress accordingly.
WHAT TO BRING:
All students should bring a water bottle and appropriate footwear that will be needed for their class. Students can also bring a notebook and a pen to write down any choreography or helpful tips they learn throughout the week.